Easy Access IP is an international collective of Universities and Research Institutions who believe in creating impact from research outcomes via knowledge exchange.
University developed technologies are often at an early stage of development and require significant investment and product development effort to generate commercial impact. Easy Access IP is an open opportunity mechanism which allows companies and individuals free access to these technologies so new products and services can be developed that will benefit society and the economy.
There are four fundamental, aligning principles of Easy Access IP institutions:
- We believe that Universities exist to create and disseminate knowledge. We aim to maximise the rate of dissemination through knowledge exchange.
- Our purpose is to create impact from university research outcomes as opposed to monetary aims.
- We want simple transactions and agreements which make it easier for industry to work with us.
- The Easy Access IP agreement is the beginning of a collaborative relationship, not the end of a knowledge exchange process.
In return for free access to real world, excellent relevant research and IP, we ask our licensees to;
- demonstrate how they will create value for society and the economy
- acknowledge the licensing institution as the originator of the intellectual property
- report annually on the progress on the development of the Easy Access IP
- agree that if the IP is not exploited within three years, the licence will be revoked
- agree that there will be no limitations on the licensees use of the IP for the university’s own research